This is the first little segment of our class. It covers only one unit of study, but this segment will give you a jump-start for the entire year. Many units will be self-paced (meaning that whenever you "master" the content you will be able to move on to the next topic), but for this unit we will all move together.
Targeted Date for Mastery: September 16th
You will learn about:
- The rules and procedures of this class
- What is Mastery Learning?
- How to sign up for and use different tools that are utilized in this class (such as Edmodo, Quia, this website, and Quizlet).
- The branches of Earth Science
- The steps of the scientific method (and how it is used to solve just about any problem you could think of)
- The basic rules for measurement in the metric system
- The proper techniques for measuring length, mass, and volume
- Lab safety